After-sales care is the process of following up with a customer upon completion of your work, usually asking for feedback.
In Commusoft, the after-sales care message is automatically sent once the job has been invoiced/completed. However, every customer and work address has an after-sales care preference -either 'Yes', meaning they will be sent after-sales care communications, or 'No' meaning they won't. This allows you to pick and choose which of your customers/ work addresses are sent your after-sales care message.
We are introducing new settings for managing after-sales care preferences in Commusoft. Allowing you to:
- Set default preferences for newly added contacts.
- Bulk edit large numbers of existing customer and work address preferences, saving you time individually editing each.
Not already using after-sales care?
After sales-care can be a useful tool for communicating with customers and gathering feedback, plus can help generate further sales. You can set up the default email, SMS, or letter template to be sent out, see here for instructions. Or learn about our advanced after-sales care portal, here.
Please bear in mind that after-sales care is only available on the Paperless Office plan and higher. If you are not on this plan, have a chat with our sales team on 0203 0266 266 about upgrading today.
A new settings page
In System Settings you will now see a new setting called 'Automatic post sales communication'.
After-sales care defaults
Defaults for customers
You are able to choose whether newly created customers automatically have their after-sales care preference set to 'Yes' or 'No'. This determines whether they will be sent after-sales care communications or not, assuming you have those set up.
Defaults for work addresses
You are also able to separately set a default for new work addresses, so you can have a different preference for work addresses than customers, if that is required.
Make sure to click Save once you have made any changes. Please be aware that these two dropdowns only modify this preference for new customers and work addresses going forward. It will not modify the after-sales care preference for any existing contacts.
So what if you want to edit the preference for contacts already in your database? Well...
Bulk edit after-sales care preferences
We understand that most of you have thousands of customers and work addresses saved to Commusoft, so a way to bulk edit the after-sales care preference would be a much needed time saver.
At the bottom of this settings page you will notice an 'Advanced options' tab. After clicking to expand this tab, you can choose whether you wish to bulk edit customers or work addresses.
There are separate screens for both customers and work addresses, however, both work in the same way. You will see a page similar to the one below, showing a filterable list of all your customers/ work addresses, alongside a purple 'Change communication preferences' button.
To get started bulk editing after-sales care preferences, follow the steps below:
1. Apply any filters or searches until you are happy with the list to be edited. The current after-sales care preference is shown in the 'After sales care' column, displaying either 'Yes' or 'No'.
2. Double check the list. Note: only 10 records are displayed per page, however, there may be many pages, all of which will be included in any bulk editing.
3. Once the list is ready, click the 'Change communication preferences' button at the top right. A window will pop up with a dropdown selection to choose either 'Yes' (on) or 'No' (off).
4. Choose either 'Yes' or 'No' and click Save. Note: once saved, all the contacts in your list will be updated to the new preference. It may take a few seconds for the list to update.
5. That's it! You can return to this page if you wish to bulk edit preferences again in the future.
We'd love to hear your opinion on Commusoft! If you haven't already, please leave us a Capterra review letting us know how we're doing. Or, if you just fancy saying hey, give us a follow at twitter.com/commusoft!
Want to help us research a potential new feature?
Take our 3-min survey on contracts in the field service industry: