We mentioned recently some really exciting updates and upgrades to our invoicing system. Well, we're proud to announce, the time has come! We've updated our invoicing feature based off internal recommendations as well as requests directly from you guys! Have a read below about how things are going to look going forward in the system, don't worry!
Our Products Team has been working round the clock (as per usual!) to make sure all the features that we've updated are as efficient as possible. Take a little time to play around with the settings and get acclimated with all the updates you can now take advantage of.
If you happen to experience any functionality issues, that's likely just your computer getting used to all the new changes - clear your cache and you should be good to go! If, for whatever reason, issues persist, just drop us an email through to support (email@example.com) and our team will be able to sort it out for you!
New Invoice Types!
So! Based off various pieces of feedback we've received, we've decided to add a few additional invoice types to make things even clearer with regards to the exact nature of all the invoices you produce.
Whereas before we only broke these down into Partial, Final and Retention invoices on top of the Initial one. We've done some research and gathered feedback from all of you and now, the Commusoft system now has a number of new invoice types:
- Deposit - This can only be raised as part of an estimate. This will be automatically created once the estimate is accepted and turned into a job. This invoice value will automatically be deducted from the final invoice. This used to be called an initial invoice.
- Interim - This invoice can be raised as part of any job, whether its from an estimate or not. This invoice will automatically be deducted from the final invoice total. You can have as many interim invoices as you like and these will total together and be removed from the final invoice total.
- Additional - This invoice can be raised as part of any job, whether its from an estimate or not. This will not be taken into account on a final invoice. This used to be called a partial invoice.
- Final - This invoice will close the job down. If you have raised the job from an estimate, the final invoice will automatically be filled in according to the estimate pricing. If you have any deposit, interim, or retention invoices, these will be deducted from this value.
- Retention - This can only be raised as part of an estimate. This will be automatically created once the estimate is accepted and turned into a job. This invoice value will automatically be deducted from the final invoice. When this invoice is set in the invoice schedule section of the estimate, you will set a time-scale on this invoice, e.g 12 months, this means the payment will not be due for 12-months plus the credit days.
- Payment charge - This invoice can be created in the system if you'd like to set a percentage charge for taking certain types of payments. This is not deducted from the final invoice.
It's worth noting that mobile devices (both iOS and Android) will not have Interim invoices. They will be considered in the final invoice instead with regards to the mobile workflow.
As you can see from the screenshot above, all of these are listed in your system settings and are totally customisable if you use different terminology within your current workflows or you just don't like the words we're using (we won't take it personally!). You can edit and amend these any time you need to!
This was an additional feature included by our Products Team to ensure you can keep all your regular terminology as well as taking advantage of the more refined invoicing types we've introduced.
Invoice Template Emails...
As you're all likely aware (if you haven't heard us harp on about it already) our templated messaging and emailing system is one of the most effective ways in which Commusoft manages your workflows. The ability to store templates makes it much quicker and easier to send out messages that you utilise on a regular basis without having to edit them on an individual basis.
We've now brought this feature to our invoicing functionality. You can create and store templated emails for each of the various invoice types within the system.
You can create individual templates for all the new invoice types displayed throughout the system. From the 'Advanced options' section of the invoice email message you can easily manage these templates. You can only set up one template for each invoice type, once they've been set up these types will disappear from the dropdown (shown above) to make it even clearer which templates have already been created and which have yet to be set up. You can edit and delete them easily once they've been created too, if you delete a template, the dropdown will update to reflect this too.
This functionality, different to other forms of templated communication storage within Commusoft, is only available to be delivered as an email as opposed to an SMS message and/or physical letter which are available options for different communication workflows.
These exciting changes have been in the works for a little while coming off the back of not only our constant striving to improve the system, but also thanks, in large part, to feedback and suggestions that we've taken on board from our clients. For these updates in particular, we'd like to give an extra special thanks to: Chandra from WPJ Heating, Jake from Lucas Plumbing & Heating, and Keith Richards from Premier Heating Surrey - we couldn't have done it without your input!
You can check our website for any further updates and we look forward to hearing from you all!