Back in November of last year, we released a brand new version of the iOS Commusoft app for iPhone and iPad users. This completely overhauled the diary, added voice search, and improved the app's speed.
As we understood that change can be difficult, we gave users the ability to revert back to the old app, allowing them to upgrade at a time that was more convenient for them.
Now, after 6-months, we are planning to remove the old version of the app. Most iOS users have already moved to the most recent version of the Commusoft application, however, if you haven't yet, you will automatically be moved over from Monday 24th of June 2019.
To make sure you're not caught off guard, check out the changes to the app below. Don't forget, you can move over sooner - and we recommend that you do - find out how.
Please note, this only applies to the v4 Commusoft app. This does not impact v3 users.
- Faster performance and loading times throughout the app
- Access diary views from side menu, including the new Map View
- ‘Select user’ allows you to view other users' diaries (senior engineer role and above) - find out more
- Add a user photo - tap the camera icon at the top of the side menu to snap a selfie
- Adding any type of customer is now done via ‘Add Customer’
- Both 'Company settings' and 'System settings' can now be found under ‘Settings’
- Network tools is located within ‘System Diagnostics’
- View other users' diaries - note, the diary owner’s name displays at the top of the diary - find out more
- Refreshed look and interface
- Map View - see all jobs for the day on a zoomable, moveable map - you can click on a pin for job details
- Change the diary view via the side menu e.g. Daily, List, Monthly, or Map View
- Preview maps now display in the 'Monthly' and 'List' diary when travelling to a job
- Pinch to zoom in and out of the 'Daily' diary view
- Tap the calendar icon in the top right to move to today
- Search is found under 'Search' in the side menu
- Voice search - tap the microphone icon to search with your voice
- Connection status will display at the top of the diary if you lose connection
If you wish to start using the the latest version of the app, follow these steps.
Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, scroll down until you find Commusoft and switch on ‘Use New Diary’. Restart the Commusoft app (double tap home button and swipe Commusoft away), before opening the app again. You will now see the updated interface and latest features in Commusoft.
If you don't do this before Monday 24th of July 2019, the app will automatically upgrade to the latest version.
We hope you enjoy the upgraded features and improved performance!